Only One: How to Remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (Method 2)
* This process will only get rid of the notifications, and will not validate your copy of XP. It will remove the timer at the beginning of your XP log on, the white notice on the log on screen, and the annoying yellow star that appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Ads by Google
Auto Restart Crashed Apps
Automatically restart crashed apps. Survive crashes/hangs/leaks/etc.
* This is easier to do if you have someone reading the steps to you while you do it.
* You may need to Find Hidden Files and Folders in Windows to get to System32 manually.
* If task manager programs are moving, click the title of the "image name" row to freeze them.
* If you are having problems after this, disable the updates before rebooting.
* There is a program called RemoveWGA which does all of this for you. Just run the program, click yes, and you're done. (See External Links, below.)
* If you have problems changing files in the System32 directory, you will have to turn off "system restore". "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "System Restore" -> Check the "Turn off system restore" check box.
* You will not be able to download Automatic Updates anymore. This is not to say you cannot update your system anymore, Microsoft just won't do it for you. In the links, there is a program that will allow you to update any system, regardless of if it is genuine or not.
* You can also rename WgaTray.exe to WgaTray.exe.bak if you can't remove WgaTray.exe from your Taskbar. Press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to do so.
* It will be useful to have task manager open first before deleting WgaTray.exe
* Unlocker is a free program that can assist in removing WGA notifications.