NUFFNANG

Friday, March 28, 2008

LOVE STORY

One day, I woke early to watch the sunrise. As I watched, I praised God for His Beautiful Work. As I sat there, I felt the Lords presence with me. He asked me, "Do you love me?" I answered, "Of course, God! You are my Lord and Savior!" Then He asked me, "If you were physically handicapped, would you still love me?"

I was puzzled. I looked down at my arms, legs and the rest of my body and wondered how many things I would not be able to do, things I took for granted. I answered, "It would be tough Lord, but I would still love you."

Then the Lord said, "If you were blind, would you still love my creation?"

How could I love something without being able to see it? Then I thought of all the blind people in the world and how many of them still loved God and His Creation. So I answered, "Its hard to think of it, but I would still love your creation."

Then the Lord asked me, "If you were deaf, would you still listen to my Word?"

How could I listen to anything being deaf? Then I understood. Listening to Gods Word is not merely using our ears, but our Hearts as well. I answered, "It would be tough, but I would still listen to your Word."

Then the Lord asked me, "If you were mute, would you still praise My Name?"

How could I praise without a voice? Then it occurred to me: God wants me to sing from my very Heart and Soul. Praising God is not only with a song, but also when we suffer, we need to give God the Glory and Honor with our words of Thanksgiving to Him through our difficulties. So I answered, "Though I could not physically sing, I would still praise Your Name.

And then the Lord asked again, "Do you REALLY love Me?" With courage and strong conviction, I boldly answered, "Yes, Lord! I love you because you are the only one and true God!" I thought I had answered well, but God asked, "Then why do you sin?" I answered, "Because I am only human, I am not perfect."

"Then why in times of peace do you stray the furthest?"

"Why only in times of trouble do you pray most earnestly?"

(No answers, only tears.)

"Why dont you have a song in your Heart every minute of every day?"

"Why do you seek me only in times of worship?"

"Why do you only ask for things for yourself?"

(The tears continued to roll down my cheeks.)

"Why are you ashamed to tell others of My Love for them?"

"Why do you hide your candle under a basket rather than letting it shine for all to see?"

"Why do you seek me only when times are hard?"

"Why do you make excuses when I gave my everything for you?"

(I tried to answer, but nothing came forth.)

"I have blessed you with life, and you have thrown away this gift."

"I have blessed you with talents to serve me, but you have been too busy".

"I have revealed my Word to you, but you do not gain in wisdom."

"I have spoken to you, but your ears were closed."

"I have shown you many Blessings, but your eyes turned away."

"I have sent you helpers, but you sat by as they were pushed away."

"Yet, in spite of all this, I have heard your prayers and answered them all."

"Do you TRULY love Me?"

I could not answer. I was embarrassed beyond belief. I had no excuse. What could I say to this? After my Heart broke and the tears flowed, I said "Please forgive me Lord. I am unworthy to be your child."

The Lord answered, "That is my grace, my child"

I asked, "Then why do you continue to forgive me? Why do you love me so?"

The Lord answered, "Because you are my creation and my child. I will never leave you nor forsake you. When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you. When you shout with joy, I will celebrate with you. When you are discouraged, I will encourage you.. When you fall, I will raise you up. When you are tired, I will carry you. I am with you always, until the end of time. I will love you forever."

Never had I cried so hard. How could I have been so cold? How could I have hurt God as I had done? I asked God, "How much do you love me?"

The Lord stretched out his arms and I saw his nail pierced hands. I bowed down before my Sovereign Savior and truly prayed for the first time in my life.

Credit to: www.airhidup.com

No comments:

NUFFNANG